50-2-124. Penalties for violations. (1) (a) A person who does not comply with rules adopted by a local board that are not in conflict with 50-2-116(5) or 50-2-118(3) is subject to a civil penalty of not less than $10 or more than $200.
(b) A business entity that does not comply with rules adopted by a local board is subject to a civil penalty of not more than $250.
(2) Except as provided in 50-2-123 and subsection (1) of this section, a person who violates the provisions of this chapter or rules adopted by the department under the provisions of this chapter is guilty of a misdemeanor. On conviction, the person shall be fined not less than $10 or more than $500 or be imprisoned for not more than 90 days, or both.
(3) Each day of violation constitutes a separate offense.
(4) The local board or the county attorney of the county in which a violation described in subsection (1) occurred may petition a court of limited jurisdiction to impose the civil penalties allowed in subsection (1). Venue for an action to collect a civil penalty pursuant to subsection (1) is in the county in which the violation occurred or in a court of limited jurisdiction.
(5) Fines, except justice's court fines, must be paid to the county treasurer of the county in which the violation occurs.
(6) (a) As used in this section, "business entity" means a corporation, association, partnership, limited liability partnership, limited liability company, sole proprietorship, or other legal entity recognized under state law.
(b) The term does not include an individual.