50-52-101. Definitions. As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Campground" means a parcel of land available to and principally used by the public for camping, where persons can camp, secure tents or cabins, or park trailers for camping and sleeping purposes.
(2) "Department" means the department of public health and human services provided for in 2-15-2201.
(3) "Establishment" means a campground, trailer court, work camp, or youth camp.
(4) "Parcel of land" means a unit of land all parts of which are contiguous, including contiguous lots, in the possession of, owned by, or managed by the same person.
(5) "Person" includes an individual, partnership, corporation, association, or other entity engaged in the business of operating, owning, or offering the services of a campground, trailer court, work camp, or youth camp.
(6) "Political subdivision" means any county, city, town, or other legally constituted unit of local government in this state.
(7) (a) "Trailer court" means a parcel of land upon which two or more spaces are available to the public and designated for occupancy by trailers or mobile homes for use as residences.
(b) The term does not include a parcel composed of platted lots, each lot of which:
(i) is filed with the county clerk and recorder;
(ii) contains only one trailer space; and
(iii) is served by a public water supply system and public sewage system that meet the requirements of rules for systems adopted pursuant to Title 75, chapter 6, part 1, and that are located within the boundaries of an incorporated city or town.
(8) "Work camp" means a parcel of land on which housing is provided by a person for two or more families or individuals living separately, for the exclusive use of the employees of the person and the families, if any, of the employees. For purposes of this subsection, "housing" includes but is not limited to camping spaces; trailer parking spaces; mobile, modular, or permanent barracks or structures; and any appurtenant water supply and distribution system, sewage collection and disposal system, solid waste collection and disposal system, or food service and dining facilities. Housing does not include shelter provided by an employer for persons who are employed to perform agricultural duties on a ranch or farm.
(9) (a) "Youth camp" means a parcel of land on which permanent buildings, tents, or other structures are maintained as living quarters for 10 or more people and that is used primarily for educational or recreational use by minors. The term includes any appurtenant water supply and distribution system, sewage collection and disposal system, solid waste collection and disposal system, or food service and dining facilities.
(b) The term does not include any site used solely by the members and their families of a private organization that owns the site.