75-10-103. Definitions. Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Board" means the board of environmental review provided for in 2-15-3502.
(2) "Container site" means a solid waste management facility that:
(a) is generally open to the public for the collection of solid waste that is generated by more than one household or firm and that is collected in a refuse container with a total capacity of not more than 50 cubic yards; or
(b) receives waste from waste collection vehicles and:
(i) receives no more than 3,000 tons of waste each year;
(ii) has control measures in place, including onsite staffing, to adequately contain solid wastes and blowing litter on the site and to minimize spills and leakage of liquid wastes; and
(iii) is a site at which a local government unit requires commercial waste haulers to deposit wastes at the site only during hours that the site is staffed.
(3) "Department" means the department of environmental quality provided for in 2-15-3501.
(4) "Local government" means a county, incorporated city or town, or solid waste management district organized under the laws of this state.
(5) "Person" means any individual, firm, partnership, company, association, corporation, city, town, or local governmental entity or any other state, federal, or private entity, whether organized for profit or not.
(6) "Resource recovery facility" means any facility at which solid waste is processed for the purpose of extracting, converting to energy, or otherwise separating and preparing solid waste for reuse.
(7) (a) "Solid waste" means all putrescible and nonputrescible wastes, including but not limited to garbage, rubbish, refuse, ashes, sludge from sewage treatment plants, water supply treatment plants, or air pollution control facilities; construction and demolition wastes; dead animals, including offal; discarded home and industrial appliances; and wood products or wood byproducts and inert materials.
(b) Solid waste does not mean municipal sewage, industrial wastewater effluents, mining wastes regulated under the mining and reclamation laws administered by the department, slash and forest debris regulated under laws administered by the department of natural resources and conservation, or marketable byproducts.
(8) "Solid waste management system" means any system that controls the storage, treatment, recycling, recovery, or disposal of solid waste. For the purposes of this definition, a container site is not a component of a solid waste management system.
(9) "State solid waste management and resource recovery plan" means the statewide plan formulated by the department as authorized by this part.