80-6-1102. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Bee" means any stage in the life cycle of a bee of the species Megachile rotundata (F), commonly known as the alfalfa leaf-cutting bee.
(2) "Certification" means the process of analyzing bees and equipment by the committee to determine whether they meet required standards.
(3) "Chalkbrood" means a fungal disease that attacks larvae of the alfalfa leaf-cutting bee.
(4) "Committee" means the Montana alfalfa seed committee established in 2-15-3004.
(5) "Department" means the department of agriculture established in 2-15-3001.
(6) "Equipment" means shelters, trays, incubators, cell removers, tumblers, and other apparatus, except nesting materials, used in rearing bees.
(7) "Nest destroyer" means any organism that competes with the bee larvae for nest provisions.
(8) "Nesting materials" means laminates, drilled boards, and other apparatus used in nesting bees.
(9) "Parasite" means an organism living in or on any stage of the alfalfa leaf-cutting bee obtaining nutriment from the body of the bee.
(10) "Pathogen" means an organism that causes disease in the alfalfa leaf-cutting bee.
(11) "Person" means an individual, association, partnership, or corporation.
(12) "Predator" means any organism or insect that preys on, devours, or destroys bees or nests.
(13) "Wild trap" means to intentionally trap bees on property not owned or leased by the trapper.