80-6-1103. Committee responsibilities -- adoption of rules. (1) The committee is responsible for the administration of this part.
(2) The committee shall by rule adopt minimum standards for the presence of pathogens and parasites.
(3) The committee may adopt rules establishing minimum standards for the presence of predators and nest destroyers in bees to be certified, imported, quarantined, and possessed or controlled in the state of Montana.
(4) The committee may provide information and services relating to the rearing of alfalfa leaf-cutting bees and alfalfa seed production.
(5) The committee may enter into agreements with other governmental agencies or private associations in carrying out the provisions of this part.
(6) In performing its duties under this part, the committee may:
(a) enter upon any public or private premises to inspect equipment and sample bees;
(b) by rule establish quarantines to regulate the entry of bees, equipment, and nesting material into areas of Montana specified in the quarantines;
(c) quarantine any bees, equipment, or nesting material found to be infected or contaminated at levels exceeding importation or quarantine standards;
(d) order the disinfection, destruction, or removal of any bees, equipment, or nesting material that does not meet importation or quarantine standards.
(7) Upon receiving notification of nesting material or bees that appear to be abandoned, the committee shall contact the owner as soon as possible to correct the problem. If the owner cannot be found, the nesting material or bees must be considered abandoned and the procedures for disposition of abandoned property set out in Title 70, chapter 9, must be followed.
(8) (a) Whenever the committee has reasonable cause to believe a person is in possession of any bees or equipment in violation of this part or rules adopted under it, the committee may order a quarantine of the suspected bees or equipment and may require any person in possession of the bees or equipment to hold them under specified conditions until notified otherwise in writing by the committee.
(b) The committee shall release any quarantine upon finding that the bees and equipment are in compliance with this part.