80-7-1003. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Departments" means the department of agriculture, the department of fish, wildlife, and parks, the department of natural resources and conservation, and the department of transportation.
(2) "Drain plug" means a valve or device used to control the drainage of water from a compartment designed to hold water, such as a bilge, livewell, or ballast tank. The term does not include a permanently sealed device, like those used to prevent water from filling a pontoon, unless the compartment the device is permanently sealed to is compromised and contains water.
(3) "Equipment" means an implement or machinery that has been wholly or partially immersed in surface waters, including but not limited to boat lifts, trailers transporting vessels, floating docks, pilings, dredge pipes, and buoys.
(4) "Invasive species" means, upon the mutual agreement of the directors of the departments, a nonnative, aquatic species that has caused, is causing, or is likely to cause harm to the economy, environment, recreational opportunities, or human health.
(5) "Invasive species management area" means a designation made by a department under 80-7-1008 for a specific area or for a body or bodies of water for a specific or indeterminate amount of time that regulates invasive species or potential carriers of invasive species within the boundaries of that area.
(6) "Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, limited partnership, limited liability company, governmental subdivision, agency, or public or private organization of any character.
(7) "Tributaries to the Columbia River" means all water bodies in Montana from which water drains into the Columbia River.
(8) "Vessel" has the meaning provided in 61-1-101.