80-7-1004. Invasive species account. (1) There is an invasive species account in the state special revenue fund. The account is administered by the department of fish, wildlife, and parks.
(2) Money transferred from any lawful source, including but not limited to fees collected pursuant to 15-65-121, 15-72-601, and 23-2-541, and gifts, grants, donations, securities, or other assets, public or private, may be deposited in the account.
(3) Subject to subsection (4), money deposited in the account must be used for projects that prevent or control any nonnative, aquatic invasive species pursuant to this part.
(4) Any private contribution deposited in the account for a particular purpose, as stated by the donor, must be used exclusively for that purpose.
(5) At the end of each fiscal year, unreserved funds in the account, including any interest and earnings, must be transferred to the invasive species trust fund established in 80-7-1016.
(6) The department of fish, wildlife, and parks may recover not more than 5% in indirect costs from the invasive species account.