Montana Code Annotated 2023



Part 2. Licensing and Registration

License Required

80-10-202. License required. A person may not distribute in this state any type of fertilizer or soil amendment, except unmanipulated animal or vegetable manures or specialty fertilizer, until a license to distribute has been obtained from the department for each facility distributing into this state and for each handling facility in this state. All new applicants shall pay a nonrefundable $75 fee for each license. All licenses expire on December 31 of each year and are subject to the following:

(1) The application for license must be on forms approved by the department.

(2) License renewals received by the department prior to January 1 of each year must be accompanied by a fee of $50 for each license.

(3) The department may collect a $25 late penalty for a license renewal received after December 31.

(4) Before distributing any commercial fertilizer or soil amendment into the state, a person must be licensed as a supplier.

History: En. 3-1715.1 by Sec. 3, Ch. 279, L. 1975; R.C.M. 1947, 3-1715.1(4); amd. Sec. 2, Ch. 27, L. 1989; amd. Sec. 8, Ch. 395, L. 2009; amd. Sec. 6, Ch. 339, L. 2017.