81-2-702. Definitions. As used in this part, the following definitions apply:
(1) "Animals" means livestock, dogs, cats, rabbits, rodents, game animals, fur-bearing and wild animals, and poultry and other birds.
(2) "Biologics" means medicinal preparations made from living organisms and their products. The term includes but is not limited to serums, vaccines, antigens, and antitoxins.
(3) "Department" means the department of livestock.
(4) "Health certificate" means a legible record written on an official health certificate form of the state of origin or on an equivalent form of the U.S. department of agriculture attesting that the animals, animal semen, or animal biologics described on the certificate have been visually inspected by a federally accredited veterinarian and found to meet the entry requirements of the state of Montana.
(5) "Livestock" means cattle, horses, mules, asses, sheep, llamas, alpacas, bison, swine, ostriches, rheas, emus, goats, alternative livestock as defined in 87-4-406, and other animals for purposes of disease prevention, control, and eradication.
(6) "Permit" means an official document issued by the department after proper application that allows the movement of animals, animal semen, or animal biologics into Montana.
(7) "Poultry" means domesticated birds, including but not limited to chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, guinea fowl, pigeons, and pheasants.