The agenda includes a 2023 biennium revenue outlook, an administrative rule review, an agency update from the Department of Revenue, and consideration of requested legislation.
The committee will consider five draft bills recommended by the HJ 35 Tax Study Committee:
- HJ35-01 - Full inflation for mill levy limit;
- HJ35-02 - Property tax circuit breaker;
- HJ35-03 - Increase minimum corporate income tax to $200;
- HJ35-04 - Revise calculation of capital gains tax credit; and
- HJ35-08 - Decouple from CARES Act net operating loss deduction provisions.
Two draft bills requested as part of the committee's tax credit review will also be discussed:
- TC03 - Alternative energy systems credit refundability; and
- TC04 - Increase minimum project subject to contractor's license fee.
The committee will also review four draft bills on other topics under the committee's jurisdiction:
- RIC-01- Revise tax lien and tax deed laws;
- RIC-02 - Convert tax haven list to tax haven criteria;
- RIC-03 - Revise lodging tax laws (will be posted to website when available); and
- CC01 - Revise tax credit review process.
The Revenue Interim Committee will take public comment on all bill drafts under consideration. Comments may be made in-person via Zoom or may be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments provided by 5 pm on September 10 will be provided to the committee in advance of the meeting.
Members of the public who wish to participate may join the meeting. If you want to participate, please email email@example.com by 5 p.m. the day before the meeting with your name and a request and you will be sent instructions for joining and participating in the meeting.
Committee staff: Megan Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-444-4496
Committee website: https://www.leg.mt.gov/committees/interim/2019rvic/
The Legislative News.