Montana State Legislature
The U. S. Census is coming on April 1, 2020 and states are actively preparing. Montana state legislators can be a force in helping Montanans understand the importance of participating in the census and either going online to fill out a census form or turning in a paper form. This website will provide information and regular updates on how legislators can participate.
See the websites linked below for information on the importance of federal funding, the need for accurate data, the potential for additional U.S. House representation, and the importance of accurate data for redistricting of the Montana House and Senate.
- U.S. Census Bureau 2020 Census
- Montana Census and Economic Information Census 2020
- Montana Districting and Apportionment Commission
Montana Complete Count Committees: Link to the Map
On the http://census.mt.gov website, you can find not just Montana talking points and flyers, but materials from the U.S. Census Bureau. Recent additions include the 2020 Questionnaire and a flyer on Confidentiality. Here are those links!
- U.S. Census Bureau 2020 Census Publications and Presentations for General Audiences
- MT 2020 Census PowerPoint Presentations for Government Audiences & Elected Officials
- MT 2020 Census Overall Talking Points for Government Audiences & Elected Officials
- Information regarding how the U.S. House of Representatives seats are apportioned among the states:
- The Amazing Apportionment Machine Animated Video https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/sis/resources/videos/apportionment-machine.html