Montana State Legislature
Court System for Dependency & Neglect Task Force
Senate Bill 182 established the Task Force on the Dependency and Neglect Court System study dependency and neglect court proceedings to determine whether a separate dependency and neglect court system or the existing court system, with enhancements, would best serve children, families, and other participants involved in dependency and neglect court proceedings.
This webpage is the official repository of task information, including presentation aids, documents, meeting minutes, and exhibits.
Task Force meetings are open to the public.
Date: October 25, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: State Capitol, Room 137
Agenda: Forthcoming – sign up for email notifications to receive an alert when materials are posted.
**All meetings are streamed and archived under the "Watch & Listen" tab of the legmt.gov site.**
Committee members are appointed in accordance with SB 182 section 1, subsection (2).
- Senator Ellie Boldman
- Senator Dennis Lenz
- Representative Jennifer Carlson
- Representative SJ Howell
- Vacant – district court judge appointed by the chief justice of the supreme court
- Jessica Finley – Missoula County Deputy Attorney (a county attorney or their representative)
- Jon Kadner – law enforcement officer
- Rachel Green – Health Care Policy Advisor, Governor’s Office (representative from the governor’s office)
- Wamnee Ereaux – tribal member with experience relating to the Indian Child Welfare Act
- Jennifer Owen – a member of the public experienced with the dependency and neglect court system
- Kelly Driscoll – Family Defense Bureau Chief, Office of State Public Defender (representative of the office of state public defender)
- Nikki Grossberg – Child and Family Services Administrator, Department of Public Health and Human Services (representative of the department of public health and human services)