Montana State Legislature


Interested in information on Lobbying in Montana?

If you are being paid to support or oppose legislation in Montana, you must in most cases be licensed as a lobbyist by the state Commissioner of Political Practices.

The license fee is $150 unless the commissioner waives the fee because you believe that its payment constitutes a hardship. You also may not have to be licensed if the amount paid for supporting or opposing legislation falls below a threshold outlined in state law.

Lobbyist licenses expire on December 31 of each even-numbered year or at the request of the lobbyist.

For more information, contact:

Commissioner of Political Practices
1205 Eighth Avenue
PO Box 202401
Helena, MT 59620-2401
Fax: 406-444-1643

Search for a Lobbyist

decorative leaves element