Montana State Legislature
Legislator Orientation Materials
2018-2019 Legislator Orientation and Training
Orientation and training for new and returning legislators is sponsored by the Montana Legislative Council and conducted by experienced legislators and legislative staff.
These events are an opportunity to get to know your fellow legislators and learn more about the exciting job you've been elected to do.
Watch this page for important dates and helpful documents. For more information: Office of Legislative Information Services, 406-444-0912, OLISfirstname.lastname@example.org.
January 7, 2019 at Noon
First Week Schedule
- Speaker Bios
- Montana and U.S. Constitutional Law (Handout) - Prof. Anthony Johnstone
- Montana and U.S. Constitutional Law (Presentation) - Prof. Anthony Johnstone
- Indian Law - Prof. Maylinn Smith
- Tribal Nations Handbook - Prof. Maylinn Smith
- Role of the Legislature - Ginger Aldrich
- Role of the Courts - Justice Jim Rice
- Attorney General's Opinions and Dept. of Justice - Jon Bennion
- Administrative Law (Handout) - Mike Manion
- Administrative Law (Presentation) - Mike Manion
- How to be an effective legislator audio series, National Conference of State Legislatures
- Tools for the modern legislator: Current technology can make the work of the lawmaker much easier
- Constituent relations, National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
- Building a true partnership with your constituents, National Conference of State Legislatures
- Constituent relationship: Management for state legislators, Institute for Politics, Democracy & the Internet
- Motions in Committee Brochure, LSD tri-fold