Montana State Legislature
Updated Items in Bold!
of Legislative Committee Meetings, Training, and Legislator Opportunities (as of 12/2/19)
Watch for Regular Updates! More details to come!
Detailed Schedule of Tuesday , January 14, 2020 (as of 11/15/19) Public Comment added!
Save the Date! Flyer (10/30/19)
- Other Social Events by Outside Parties (to have your information added here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org) (Updated 12/2/19)
- Information on the Legislative Dinner on Tuesday, January 14, 2020: Best Western Great Northern Hotel, 6 p.m. (11/20/19)
- Lodging: Hotels blocks information (11/26/19)
- Regarding reimbursement: Legislative Committees that are scheduled to meet will pick up their ordinary expenses. The Legislative Council has tentatively approved a day salary and a night of lodging for the training days for all legislators. If you are not on a legislative committee meeting that week, we will be able to reimburse for mileage. The Legislative Week Subcommittee will recommend 2 days of salary and 1 night of lodging, in addition to mileage for those not otherwise reimbursed (11/15/19). A final decision on reimbursement will be made by December 11, 2019.
- On November 15, the Legislative Council Subcommittee affirmed that Public Comment will be scheduled during the Tuesday and Wednesday Training Sessions, in addition to any public comment schedule at the regular Legislative Committee meetings. More details to follow! (11/15/19)
- To provide comments or receive further information, please email email@example.com or call (406) 444-3066.
January 13th-17th, 2020
The Legislative Council and the Legislative Finance Committee are sponsoring a Legislative Week this January when all legislators will be invited to get together, receive training, and have an opportunity to attend other interim committee meetings.
The purpose is to bring legislators together to “cross-pollinate” and provide opportunities to receive some additional training and share information. It is also being held in conjunction with the study in Senate Bill No. 310 that is looking into annual sessions and we thought giving a chance to meet in January 2020 is a small way to try on meeting every year.