Montana State Legislature
MUS 2-Year Commission
The commission has completed its work.
Commission Final Report (short version)
Commission Final Report (2-15-155 compliant version)
Click meeting date below to access materials.
Would you like to receive emails with the latest information about upcoming meetings?
- Final Agenda
- Minutes log
- Video/ Audio
- HB 754
- Rules, Procedures, and Guidelines for Interim Committees
- Proposed Work Plan Outline
- Postsecondary governance graphic
- A Historical Perspective on 2-Year Postsecondary Education in Montana: "Where Do We Go from Here?" (Eddye McClure, 2007)
- Development of 2-Year Education in Montana (timeline)
- MUS Strategic Plan 2019
2-Year Campus Industry Partnership one-pagers:
- Bitterroot College CNA program and Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital
- Gallatin College and Photonics Industry
- Great Falls College and Dick Anderson Construction Apprenticeship Program
- Helena College and Boeing
- Highlands College Pre-apprenticeship Line Program and Northwestern Energy
Reach Higher Montana website (aka the "Portal")
Updated work plan outline (for discussion/planning)
The commission's April 6 meeting was canceled and rescheduled for May 4th.
Career exploration in the middle grades (Education Commission of the States)
State start-up funding for postsecondary CTE programs (Education Commission of the States)
Incentivizing CTE and Perkins Overview (OCHE slides)
Work Plan outline (revised after May meeting)
The MUS 2-Year Commission was formed after the passage of HB 754 (Vinton) during the 2019 Legislative Session.
The temporary 16-member commission is tasked with
- examining the impacts of incorporating the former vocational-technical centers into the Montana University System as 2-year campuses attached to 4-year campuses; and
- considering whether a different organizational structure would better serve Montanans.
The commission is required to meet quarterly and prepare a report of findings and recommendations to the 67th (2021) Legislature.
- Sen. Dee Brown
- Sen. Margie MacDonald
- Sen. Edie McClafferty (Vice Chair)
- Sen. Fred Thomas
- Rep. Jacob Bachmeier
- Rep. John Fuller
- Rep. Bradley Hamlett
- Rep. Llew Jones
- Rep. Sue Vinton (Chair)
- Paul Tuss, Regent of Higher Education
- Casey Lozar, Regent of Higher Education
- Madalyn Quinlan, Member, Board of Public Education
- Taylor Blossom, President, Associated Students of Montana
- Dr. Sandra Boham, President, Salish Kootenai College
- Joe Billion, public member, Bozeman
- John Mercer, public member, Polson