Montana State Legislature
September 12-13, 2022
Montana Capitol Room 317/Zoom
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
The September 12-13 meetings will conclude the committee's work for the 2021-2022 Interim.
Previous meeting materials can be found in the minute logs or under the topic tabs.
The committee will hold its final meeting on September 12, 2022, at the Capitol.
On September 13, the committee will join with members of the Education Interim Budget Committee and representatives from other entities with constitutional authority for the governance of education to continue a discussion on how to increase student opportunities and improve educational outcomes across the state.
September meeting materials will be posted as they are available.
September 12 Committee meeting
Transformational Learning Program report (BPE/OPI)
Montana University System updates
Office of Public Instruction updates
- Agency updates
- Agency-requested legislation
- Gifted and Talented Programs report
- At-risk Students report
- American Indian Students report
- Indian Language Preservation report
- County Interdisciplinary Child Information and School Safety Team report
Review of Provisional Bill Drafts
- Provisional bill draft memo
- PD 13 (Laura) - clean-up transportation laws
- PD 14 (Laura) – revising the Quality Educator Loan Assistance Program
- PD 30 (Pad) – clean-up related to payment dates
- PD 44 (Pad) – clean-up definition of "over-BASE budget levy" (was PD 31)
- PD 32 (Pad) – truancy laws based on enrollment rather than compulsory age
- PD 33 (Pad) - prohibit school districts operating schools outside district boundaries
- PD 45 (Pad) - revise Transformational Learning program
Required written reports to EDIC that will not be presented during the meeting:
- Advanced Opportunities Program report (BPE/OPI)
- State Agency Heritage Properties (SHPO)
- Educational Opportunity for Military Children report (OPI)
September 13 Joint meeting
June 6 Meeting Summary (NCEE)